Hi, I'm Sandra. Welcome to A Sweetblue Life. Thanks for stopping by. I'm a busy mom of three who happens to have a passion for photography. This place is about the things that inspire me, daily life,creativity, photography, motherhood, making lovely things, and taking the time to notice the little things.

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Photo Talk: Food Photography

If you like to cook and bake like I do, chances are you also like food photography. The two go hand in hand. Going grocery shopping becomes a different experience when you are looking for food that photographs well.

 My mother brought over a few figs for us to try this past week-end. I have never been a big fan of figs. But I immediately thought to myself upon looking at them, "Look at that great color, and I bet they would look even better sliced open. I need to photograph these figs." Yeah, I know... probably weird to some. So here are the lovely figs.


And on that note, The talented Helene Dujardin from the blog Tartelette has written a new food photography book which looks absolutely fabulous! I will be buying a copy for sure. You can have a peek inside the book at Amazon and Ez from Creature Comforts has written a review of the book here.

No comments:

Post a Comment